Dressing Table, Size In Feet, Psycho Lyrics In English, F Distribution Table Pearson, Kabob House Bloomingdale, Nj Menu, Rafi's Courgette Curry, Blackberry Scones Pkp, Tools Of The Trade Basics Cookware, Thunder Force V Ps1 Rom, Dielectric Constant Of Vegetable Oil, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Menu, Aluminium Chloride Quenching, Trader Joe's Cauliflower Thins Recipes, Washington County Colorado Courthouse, Rapid Fire Ketogenic Coffee Ingredients, Essential Components Of Antenatal Care Ppt, Charlotte Plush Euro Top Mattress Queen Reviews, Essentia Water Ph Test, Lawlers New York Cheesecake, Funny No Context Pictures, Ac Odyssey Can You Save Solon, Baseball Transparent Image, Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe 1 Loaf, " /> Dressing Table, Size In Feet, Psycho Lyrics In English, F Distribution Table Pearson, Kabob House Bloomingdale, Nj Menu, Rafi's Courgette Curry, Blackberry Scones Pkp, Tools Of The Trade Basics Cookware, Thunder Force V Ps1 Rom, Dielectric Constant Of Vegetable Oil, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Menu, Aluminium Chloride Quenching, Trader Joe's Cauliflower Thins Recipes, Washington County Colorado Courthouse, Rapid Fire Ketogenic Coffee Ingredients, Essential Components Of Antenatal Care Ppt, Charlotte Plush Euro Top Mattress Queen Reviews, Essentia Water Ph Test, Lawlers New York Cheesecake, Funny No Context Pictures, Ac Odyssey Can You Save Solon, Baseball Transparent Image, Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe 1 Loaf, " />
Cabo San Lucas Fishing Charters / Sea fever Fishing charters

I really enjoy seeing this published so people can aspire to quality work. This site may also contain banner ads with direct links to our sponsors' websites who have paid an advertising fee to appear on this website. It has been well cared for and I hope to visit someday soon. Old world England feel to the decor. I walked in and stood in the foyer- stunned. Not too many examples of this kind of fine building skill around. What a beautiful story about the house and how it came to be. I would definitely hang one of their blueprints up on my wall. If only homes today were built with such detail and character. My father was a docent there for some years and my husband and I planned to take our wedding pictures on the grounds (free to the public) but as it rained that day, we had to find somewhere else. Oh yes! Wood naturally breathes and is lovely if maintained properly. It's a not to be missed tour if you're ever in Pasadena, CA. I love walking around there. I come from a fine woodworking background and spend entirely too much time framing. Thank, thank you for this revisit. What a treat to see it from a bird's eye view! Thank you so much for sharing it. Oak, redwood, Douglas fir, teak, cedar and other species were formed into timber beams, rafter tails, wall shakes and interior elements. JGAIA. And that was just the beginning of the restoration, but all in a labor of love. The house and furnishings were designed by architects Charles and Henry Greene in 1908 for David and Mary Gamble of the Procter & Gamble Company. Incredible wood working details. This place is an absolutely beautiful time capsule into history!! But the sh%$! Yet their use of wood is as much about quality as quantity, for they exploited the wood’s potential through craft and raised the beauty of their architecture inside and out. To this day, we still talk about our trip to the Gamble House and the San Simeon Hearst Castle. If you are lucky enough to have such wealth, you should endeavour to spend it with wisdom. Gamble House Tours The Gamble House is currently not offering interior tours. The juxtaposition of the excessive opulence of Hearst versus the subdued caressing feel of Gamble makes for delightful conversation when talking about California's architectural historical houses of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. When we see the builder houses being produced today, every thing looks better (and is). The home is truly beautiful and I don't know that the beauty could be replicated today even if the materials were available. I am currently trying to put my house back together after last years historic snow damage. This article is great but barely scratches the surface of how wonderful the Gamble House really is. H. Fry Const. I was smitten by the satiny, extruded appearance of the wood as part of my introduction to the Arts and Crafts movement twenty years ago. I will take NOTHING away from that. I finally chose a gold tone/wood tone grass-cloth look, and after seeing the gold tones that were used in this Symphony of Wood, I think I may have made the right choice. Co. It is the definition of understated elegance. All in all it is a beautiful home. There are three such sleeping porches (all can be seen below) that the Greene’s incorporated into the design in order to capture the breezes that cascade down from the mountains and help cool the house. As I approached the home, the first thing that struck me was its wide, hunkered down stance (see above). Exterior view from the front lawn, showing southwest-facing front door and front gable One major feature of the Gamble House was to be distinct from many other houses nearby, such as the Neoclassical style Fenyes House [citation needed] (Robert Farquhar, 1906–07). Love them! Now that you’ve seen the outside, be sure to continue the tour of the interior in A Pilgrimage to The Gamble House: “The Ultimate Bungalow”,  Part II where I expound upon the utter brilliance that is the home’s interior…. It's absolutely beautiful. I have done my cathedral ceiling in all wood and beams. And yes, sustainability would never sanction this now, but we are fortunate to still have this design to enjoy and learn from. True enough because it was this raping of the land that has left the forests devastated and barren, and no longer around for us to enjoy -- just so one family could build a fancy house. Love seeing the architectural plans, they are almost art in their own right. They did not miss one detail----the woodworking and craftmanship is stunning, to say the least. Love it! The wonder of this property is that, while most high end properties are not anything I could relate to, or for that matter would want to relate to, the warmth, quality of materials and craft are just inspirational. This site may also contain banner ads with direct links to our sponsors' websites who have paid an advertising fee to appear on this website. As you make your way around the side of the property, the large sleeping porches dominate the northern elevation. Glad it was preserved, love the Greene and Greene Gamble House! A Pilgrimage to The Gamble House: "The Ultimate Bungalow", Part II: The Interior, Grand 1910 Bay Area Residence, Once Home to CA Supreme Court Justice Listed For Sale, Peek Inside: An Unbuilt 1906 Greene & Greene Designed Home Listed For Sale, The Craftsman Spotlight: Arts & Crafts Lighting And Furnishings By Brett Johnson From Craftsmen Studio, Serendipity In A University Town: American Bungalow Issue 96 Article, Photo Essay: San Diego’s Historic Mission Hills.

Dressing Table, Size In Feet, Psycho Lyrics In English, F Distribution Table Pearson, Kabob House Bloomingdale, Nj Menu, Rafi's Courgette Curry, Blackberry Scones Pkp, Tools Of The Trade Basics Cookware, Thunder Force V Ps1 Rom, Dielectric Constant Of Vegetable Oil, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Menu, Aluminium Chloride Quenching, Trader Joe's Cauliflower Thins Recipes, Washington County Colorado Courthouse, Rapid Fire Ketogenic Coffee Ingredients, Essential Components Of Antenatal Care Ppt, Charlotte Plush Euro Top Mattress Queen Reviews, Essentia Water Ph Test, Lawlers New York Cheesecake, Funny No Context Pictures, Ac Odyssey Can You Save Solon, Baseball Transparent Image, Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe 1 Loaf,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *